As of Dec. 20, 2003, you will no longer be able to access your Blackboard courses created before Fall Semester 2002. If you would like to preserve the contents of older courses, you must copy them forward so they will not be removed from the system. Courses copied in this way preserve all content except the student information associated with the gradebook and group functions. If you need student information copied, contact the Instructional Media Center at 422-1888.
Following are the instructions for copying a course forward (repeat these steps for each course to be copied forward):
1. Log into Route Y and select the "Blackboard Course Management" application under the "Work" section.
2. A dialog box will appear indicating the year and term you are currently editing. Click "OK" to clear the dialog box.
3. Click the "Year-Term" link in the upper right corner of the screen to change the year and term you will be editing.
4. From the pop-up list of years and terms that appears, select a year-term in the future that you will be copying your course to.
5. A dialog box will appear to confirm the year-term you've just selected. Click "OK."
6. Click the button "Create New Course."
7. From the list of courses at the bottom of the screen, select the course to be copied by clicking its radio button.
8. Give your new course a name by filling in the blank "Course Name" field near the top.
9. Click the "Create Course" button at the bottom of the screen. A dialog box will appear to confirm the year-term you're working in. Click "OK."
10. You're finished. The course will appear by 10:30 a.m. the next working day. If it does not appear or you have any other concerns, please contact the Instructional Media Center at 422-1888.