Winterfest 2012 is bringing Brigham Young University’s internationally acclaimed performance groups, including Vocal Point, the Young Ambassadors and Theatre Ballet, to the Conference Center Theater in Salt Lake City over the course of several weekends.
Tickets for each event are $10. For more information, visit lds.org/events or call (866) 537-8457.
Performances will include:
- Saturday, Jan. 28 — The Choral Showcase features the combined talents of BYU’s Concert Choir and BYU Singers. Their repertoire includes classical, contemporary and culturally diverse arrangements. They will perform at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 4 — As seen on NBC’s “The Sing-Off,” BYU’s Vocal Point a cappella group will give a matinee performance at 2 p.m. and an evening performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 9-11 — The Young Ambassadors have been entertaining families worldwide since 1970. Their featured show, "Harmony: The Music of Life," represents life’s major cornerstones. They will perform Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. with a Saturday afternoon performance at 2 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 17 — BYU’s Theatre Ballet will be performing "The Snow Queen," an original full-length ballet based on Hans Christian Andersen’s famous story. Theatre Ballet also cordially invites all to attend a Prince and Princess Party pre-show in the lobby at 7 p.m., where the young and young-at-heart can dress as princesses and princes, meet the ballet company and take pictures before this family-friendly performance. The performance will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 18 — Contemporary Dance Theatre will perform its newest dance production, “The Rhythm of Life,” at 7:30 p.m. Through their emotional and expressive movements, dancers in the company connect the vigor and excitement of life and cultures around the world.
For additional information on the performing groups, visit byuarts.com .
Writer: Melissa Connor