Grade rolls will be available through Route Y/AIM beginning Dec. 10, the last day of class instruction. The deadline for submitting grades is Wednesday, Dec. 30 at noon. Instructions for submitting grades can be found here. Following are some helpful hints as you submit grades:
- Make sure your browser allows pop-ups. If you have disabled pop-ups on your browser, the submission process will not work. If your submission does not seem to be going through, try holding down the “Ctrl” button on your keyboard while you are trying to save, submit, or post your grades. This will temporarily allow pop-ups from our system to work if you are in IE.
- Submit your grades early. Don’t put it off until the deadline.
- If you have problems, call the Records Office (422-6567). We can help walk you through some problems, or figure out ways to get the grades to us if there are problems--as long as you contact us prior to the deadline.
- Make sure you get the final notification that the grades have been received by Records Office. The text appears at the top of the grade roll thanking you for submitting your grades. If you do not receive this message, we have not received the grades.
- Exit out of the grade roll after you have received the final notification that the grades have been submitted.
- If you have a large class, you may want to save the grades periodically as you enter them. This way if there is a problem as you submit or post, you won’t lose all the work and have to reenter it again. Submission sometimes takes a while, especially if there are large enrollments in the class.
- Submitting your grades before the last day is strongly recommended, but if you try to post your grades on the last day, please be aware that the grades will not immediately be posted to the students’ records. Since the posting process is more complex, on the deadline day, to reduce the demands on the system, the posting option will only submit the grades to be posted later by the Records Office. If you use the “post” button on the last day, you will get instructions informing you of this procedure. Be sure to continue through the process so the grades get submitted.
- Log in to AIM again later, but prior to the deadline, and double check the status of your rolls. It should list your classes as submitted or posted if we have received your grades.
- Do not give your Net ID and password to someone else to have them submit your grades for you. The system has been built with the capability for instructors to delegate access to their grade rolls. Those individuals would then be able to log in with their own Net ID and password to have access to grade rolls. If you need instructions or help, call the Records Office (422-6567) or refer to the instructions located at http://saas.byu.edu/registrar/records/gradesubmission.php
We appreciate your support in getting grades in for students in a timely manner.