Student Y and G Lot Parking will Cost $60 Per Semester. Starting this fall parking in 'Y' and 'G' student lots (see "Parking", "students" and "graduate students") will now cost $60 per semester*. 'Y' and 'G' lots will be free in spring and summer terms. Evening and weekend parking will be free.
Register and Pay: Go to Vehicle Registration (or MyBYU > Miscellaneous > Parking Registration) to register your vehicle (you can only register two vehicles). If you want to park in any 'Y' or 'G' lot on campus you need to register your vehicle. Follow the prompts on that page to pay for access to the 'Y' and 'G' lots.
Motorcycle drivers must be registered but do not need to pay for parking. Motorcycles must be parked in a designated motorcycle stall.
*Exceptions: these three 'Y' lots will remain free, if you've registered your car:
- #18 (1230 North, between University Ave and Canyon Rd)
- #45 (west of LaVell Edward Stadium, between University Ave and Canyon Rd)
- #44 (between Intramural Fields and Wyview Park Apartments, off University Ave)
Neighborhood Parking: Be a considerate neighbor and pay attention to posted parking signs in neighborhoods surroundings campus. Some neighborhood parking regulations could lead to parking tickets from the city if not followed.
Free Shuttle to/from Campus Begins Fall Semester. Getting to campus is about to get a little bit easier. Starting Fall Semester 2015, BYU is providing a free shuttle between some campus and off-campus student apartments along five routes. Here's what you need to know:
- Free and no ticket required - just show your BYU Student ID
- Schedule: Get the schedule for each stop. Basically, buses run in time for 8a classes to 9p, Monday through Thursday, and until 6p on Friday.
- Shuttles will run frequently throughout the day. During peak times (7:30-10a and 3-6p) shuttles will run every 15 to 20 minutes on some routes. Time to campus will be about 6-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Saturday Grocery Runs: A shuttle will run from one stop along the weekday routes, and from Heritage and Helaman Halls, to local grocery stores on Saturday morning.
(Click the map to see the schedule for each stop.)