The Brigham Young University Child and Family Studies Laboratory is now accepting applications for its summer and fall/winter school programs.
Applications are available in 1100 Joseph F. Smith Building or by calling (801) 422-3219. Applications may also be found online at cfsl.byu.edu. Applications will be accepted through April 15 or until the classes are full. Notification of acceptance will be mailed by May 2.
Applications for the summer programs are available for the preschool, pre-kindergarten and post-kindergarten programs.
The summer school session begins June 18 and concludes Aug. 2. The tuition for the summer session is $225 for the seven-week program. Classes are available Monday through Thursday in the mornings or afternoons. Morning classes run from 8:30 to 11 a.m., while afternoon classes run from 1 to 3:30 p.m. No classes are held on Fridays during the summer sessions.
• Summer Preschool — Any child that turns 4 years old by Sept. 1 is eligible for the preschool program.
• Summer Pre-kindergarten — Children who will be entering kindergarten in September 2011 are eligible for the pre-kindergarten program.
• Summer Post-kindergarten — Children who will be entering first grade in September 2011 are eligible for the post-kindergarten program.
The BYU Child and Family Studies Laboratory is also accepting applications for the fall 2011/winter 2012 preschool and kindergarten programs.
• Preschool — Any child that turns 4 years old by Sept. 1 is eligible for the preschool program.
The preschool session begins Sept. 6, 2011, and concludes April 11, 2012. The tuition for the fall/winter session is $1,200 for the eight-month program. Afternoon and morning classes are available. Morning classes run Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 to 11 a.m. with classes on Tuesdays from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Afternoon classes are Monday through Thursday from 1 to 3:30 p.m. There are no preschool classes on Fridays.
• Kindergarten — Any child that turns 5 years old by Sept. 1 is eligible for the program.
The kindergarten session begins Aug. 29, 2011, and concludes May 25, 2012. The tuition for the fall/winter session is $1,600 for the school year. Afternoon and morning classes are available. Morning classes run Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 11:15 a.m. with “early-out” days on Fridays ending at 10:15 a.m. Afternoon classes run Monday through Friday from 12:30 to 3:15 p.m. with “early-out” days on Fridays ending at 2:15 p.m.
For more information, contact Anne Ure at (801) 422-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writer: Mel Gardner